KEMET's PL Sensor uses the passive pyroelectric effect of ceramic by reacting with infrared rays emitted from the human body. Because it does not radiate the PL sensor detects human presence without a lens. KEMET's proprietary piezoelectric material makes it also possible to detect humans through glass or resin and these materials can be semi-transparent. The PL sensor is low profile, does not protrude, and does not require any aperture. This gives you more freedom in the design of the visual appearance of your product.
- Reflow capable SMD configuration
- Lens not required
- Wide view angle up to ±60 degrees (lensless)
- Detection is possible through glass or resin
- Excellent radio wave performance in the high-frequency band
- Compact and low profile (5.0 x 4.8 x 1.7 mm)
Technical Doc: PL-N823-01 Datasheet